Stay Up to Date on the Latest Evidence-Based Practices
Get focused education on infection control and sterile processing through the infection control/prevention education track.
Here are a few sessions you won’t want to miss:
- Instrument Standardization: The Quest for One Set
- That's a Wrap! Hot Topics in Storage and Transport of Sterilized Items
- Analyzing Environmental Quality Indicators in a Dynamic OR
- High Reliability in High-Level Disinfection: From Dream to Reality
- A Critical Look at Care-Related Factors and Types of Organ/Space Surgical Site Infections
- Surgical Site Infection Reduction Through Utilization of a Surgical Care Bundle
- Reducing Infection Risk from Anesthesia Equipment with Continuously Active Disinfection
- Surgical Stewardship: The Perioperative Nurse's Role in Preventing Surgical Site Infections
- Improving Patient Outcomes by Using Enhanced Visual Inspection Technology
- ERAS or PSH: Why Is This Important?
- The New AAMI ST91: An Updated Standard for Flexible Endoscope Processing
Hear from Inspiring Keynote Speakers
Get fresh perspectives and innovative ideas for improving teamwork, solving critical OR challenges, creating greater efficiency, and more by attending sessions with acclaimed speakers.
Opening General Session | Saturday, March 28
Walter Bond is a dynamic personality with a wealth of experience and a powerful message that will transform the way your organization tackles everyday challenges. As a man who has reached the pinnacle in a diverse range of fields: NBA athlete and broadcaster, Food Network TV host, and successful Business Coach, Walter Bond knows how to take control, make winning decisions, and create a culture of success. Let this unique Top Rated and Hall of Fame Speaker use his passion and energy to bring your team together like never before so that they commit to being better every single day.
AORN Foundation General Session | Tuesday, March 31
In today's world of mind-numbing speed and brutal competition, we can no longer rely on the models of the past and expect to win. Instead, we must rethink innovation—at all levels of our organizations—in order to meet the challenges of the day and enjoy sustainable success. World-renown innovation expert Josh Linkner helps you harness and deploy innovation, creativity, and inventive thinking in order to unlock competitive advantage, fuel growth, attract and retain the best talent, and drive efficiency and profitability. A highly tuned culture of innovation can be your most powerful competitive edge, and Josh Linkner will help you cultivate it.
Marty Makary, MD, MPH, FACS
Leadership Summit Keynote | Saturday, March 28
Marty Makary, MD, MPH, FACS, a New York Times best-selling author, John Hopkins surgeon, and health policy expert, will share insights on the complex issues impacting the U.S. healthcare system and innovative solutions to address them. Dr. Makary regularly contributes to The Wall Street Journal and USA Today and is a frequent medical commentator of NBC and FOX News, commenting on the healthcare cost crisis, the impact of new technology, and interpreting the latest medical research for everyday consumers. He has written extensively on organizational culture, the science of measuring quality in medicine, and healthcare reform. Dr. Makary is principle investigator of a Robert Wood Foundation Grant to lower healthcare costs in the U.S., director of The Center for Opioid Research and Education, and founder of SolveTheCrisis.org, a website that shares expert opioid prescribing recommendations for common medical procedures for clinicians and patients.