We urge you to begin the visa application process now. U.S. regulations require security checks for most visitor visa applications, resulting in a review process that may take three months or more. Attendees will be responsible for their own travel expenses including airfare, ground transportation, hotel, meals and travel insurance.
Invitation Letter Download
AORN provides an Official Visa Invitation Letter to attendees. The letter of invitation, though not required for the visa application, can assist as a supporting document. This letter by no means guarantees admittance into the U.S., but can provide compelling evidence for immigration officials to consider.
Please note that AORN cannot intervene with either U.S. embassies abroad or with the U.S. State Department on behalf of any participant.
All individuals from outside the U.S. require a valid passport to enter the U.S. It can take as long as four months to get a visa to enter the U.S.
Tips for Successful Visa Application
- Letter of invitation from the meeting organizer.
- When possible, provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, society membership and/or meeting registration.
- Visa applicants are expected to provide evidence that they intend to return to their country of residence. Therefore, applicants should provide proof of binding or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. Visa applications are more likely to be successful if done in the visitor's home country.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of their visa application.
- All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits under the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Standard Visa Request Guideline
If you must apply for a temporary non-immigrant visa to attend AORN Global Summit 2018, you are advised to apply as soon as travel to the United States is contemplated and not later than 3-4 months in advance.
For updates regarding AORN's Global Surgical Conference & Expo 2018, visit the main website.