Nurses Beat Certified Nurses Challenge
Multi-year campaign raised $120,000 to support perioperative nursing
The AORN Foundation spent March celebrating certified nurses through the Match Your Commitment Challenge, a month-long campaign with the goal of $10,000 to support perioperative nurse education and patient safety initiatives.
The Match Your Commitment campaign was supported by a matching gift from the Competency and Credentialing Institute (CCI). CCI called on AORN members to support certified nurses for their commitment to the profession and patient safety with a gift to the AORN Foundation. To honor these professionals, CCI committed to match all donations made by a certified nurse or in honor of certified nurse up to $10,000 through the month of March.
“Members succeeded in beating the challenge. More than 250 nurses contributed $16,000 to the campaign to be matched by CCI for a total of $26,000,” announced Foundation Director Twilla Barlow. “The four-year campaign has raised $120,000 to support educational programs for perioperative nurses and patient safety initiatives. We would like to extend a sincere thank you to our donors and CCI for their generous support.”
The AORN Foundation provides support for the certification of perioperative nurses, professional development programs, academic scholarships, and learning tools. Learn more about supporting the Foundation.
Donors Endow Academic Scholarships: Establish Perioperative Legacy
Individuals and groups wanting to leave a permanent legacy have found endowed gifts to be an impactful option. The Texas Council of Operating Room Nurses (TCORN) and Millie and Wyman Stackhouse recently endowed academic scholarships through the AORN Foundation for nursing students and registered nurses pursuing advanced degrees in perioperative nursing.
Endowed scholarships are a gift of a lifetime. A portion of the invested income is awarded to scholarship recipients annually, and the remainder is reinvested in the original principal.
At the 2012 AORN Congress, the Texas Council of Operating Room Nurses (TCORN) endowed an academic scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded annually to student nurses or registered nurses pursing advanced degrees in the state of Texas.
|Millie and Wyman Stackhouse endowed a scholarship through their estate. Learn more about planned giving.
The AORN Foundation thankfully acknowledges the following endowed scholarship donors:
- 3M Health Care Endowment
- AORN e-Chapter Endowment
- AORN Golden Gavel Endowment
- Brenda C. Ulmer Endowment endowed by Valleylab
- Buffalo Filter Endowment
- Competency & Credentialing Institute Endowment
- Covidien Endowment
- Dennis R. Scanlan, Jr. Memorial Endowment
- Dr. Jane C. Rothrock RNFA Endowment
- Judith Pfister/Julia Kneedler Endowment
- Kimberly-Clark Healthcare Endowment
- Louisiana State Council of OR Chapters Endowment
- Michael D.Corley Memorial Endowment endowed by the Exhibitors' Advisory Committee
- Natalie Walker Endowment
- Owens and Minor Endowment by AORN of Richmond
- Patricia C. Seifert Perioperative Nursing Internship Endowment
- President George H.W. Bush Endowment endowed by AORN of Greater Houston
- Ruth P. Shumaker Endowment
- Stackhouse Endowment
- Texas Council of Operating Room Nurses Endowment
- William A. Clarke Endowment
Learn more about establishing an endowed scholarship.