Do you know an outstanding nurse philanthropist?
Nominate an exceptional perioperative nurse who has supported the AORN Foundation. To qualify, the recipient should have donated time, talent, and direct financial support to the AORN Foundation, as well as other well-deserving organizations. The recipient of this award should demonstrate a strong philanthropic spirit, and through his or her charitable actions, motivate others to give of themselves.
Download the complete nomination details (.DOCX)
Donors Endow Academic Scholarships: Establish Perioperative Legacy
Individuals and groups wanting to leave a permanent legacy have found endowed gifts to be an impactful option. The Texas Council of Operating Room Nurses (TCORN) and Millie and Wyman Stackhouse recently endowed academic scholarships through the AORN Foundation for nursing students and registered nurses pursuing advanced degrees in perioperative nursing.
Endowed scholarships are a gift of a lifetime. A portion of the invested income is awarded to scholarship recipients annually, and the remainder is reinvested in the original principal.
At the 2012 AORN Congress, the Texas Council of Operating Room Nurses (TCORN) endowed an academic scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded annually to student nurses or registered nurses pursing advanced degrees in the state of Texas.
Millie and Wyman Stackhouse endowed a scholarship through their estate. Learn more about planned giving.
The AORN Foundation thankfully acknowledges the following endowed scholarship donors:
- 3M Health Care Endowment
- AORN e-Chapter Endowment
- AORN Golden Gavel Endowment
- Brenda C. Ulmer Endowment endowed by Valleylab
- Buffalo Filter Endowment
- Competency & Credentialing Institute Endowment
- Covidien Endowment
- Dennis R. Scanlan, Jr. Memorial Endowment
- Dr. Jane C. Rothrock RNFA Endowment
- Judith Pfister/Julia Kneedler Endowment
- Kimberly-Clark Healthcare Endowment
- Louisiana State Council of OR Chapters Endowment
- Michael D.Corley Memorial Endowment endowed by the Exhibitors' Advisory Committee
- Natalie Walker Endowment
- Owens and Minor Endowment by AORN of Richmond
- Patricia C. Seifert Perioperative Nursing Internship Endowment
- President George H.W. Bush Endowment endowed by AORN of Greater Houston
- Ruth P. Shumaker Endowment
- Stackhouse Endowment
- Texas Council of Operating Room Nurses Endowment
- William A. Clarke Endowment
Learn more about establishing an endowed scholarship.