How To Use The Career Center
There has never been a better time for perioperative nurses to land the job of their dreams! With the nursing unemployment rate under 2.2% and over 4100 employers turning to AORN for their perioperative staffing needs – the time is now to reach for the stars and realize your professional dreams.
Prestigious health care organizations proactively recruit AORN association members, with 75% of employers posting positions stating their preference for AORN member applicants. Employers prefer association members and consistently find association members better employees: more experienced, better educated and more proactive in their field.
The AORN Career Center caters exclusively to job seekers and employers in the perioperative setting. The Career Center averages over 500 jobs, with new jobs posted daily. Jobs range from OR staff nurses with non-profit health consortiums in remote areas to Vice Presidents of large hospital systems in urban areas and everything in between.
The AORN Career Center is an easy to use automated system that prompts you through three easy steps towards your dream job:
1) Register a free job seeker account on the Career Center - Access the Career Center from the AORN home page (aorn.org), the Career Center link is located above the Member Login tab.
From the main Career Center page click on the Search Jobs option. Find the section, “Sign up Now” as a new user. After you register your job seeker account you will access it from this page as a “registered user.” Note – your Career Center sign on and password will be different than your member login and password.
Register a job seeker account to access all Career Center resources including posting your resume and setting up automated job agents. To most easily and efficiently explore all your career options complete steps 2 and 3:
2) Post your resume, confidentially if you wish.
The more people who see your resume, the greater chance you have to land your dream job! Take advantage of having your skills and experience seen by more people. More exposure = more desirable job offers!
3) Set up a JOB AGENT, and you will automatically receive email alerts on all new jobs matching your search criteria. Envision the job of your dreams and claim what you want! What is important to you in your dream job? Define your dream job, set up a job agent that matches your criteria (location, salary, work culture, work/life balance, type of position, travel). The time to dream is NOW!
Leverage your AORN membership with employers:
• Note you are an AORN member on your resume
• Include any recent educational courses you have completed through AORN (within past two years)
• Include any certificates and/or certifications you have
Take advantage of your AORN membership:
- Keep your skills and education current
- Keep up to date on perioperative news
- Network through ORNurseLink, Congress, and Chapter Meetings
- Use Career Center Resources – access tools such as sample resumes, the AORN annual salary survey and calculator, and current “Advance Your Career” articles.
Connect to the AORN Career Center and register your free job seeker account today. Your dream job may only be a few clicks away!
For assistance using the Career Center and its resources, contact Susan Becia, 800-755-2676, x 434, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org