Mini Fire Safety Tool Kit
AORN has developed a Fire Safety Tool Kit that contains the following components:
- 2.0 CE after completing the learner's evaluation,
- Fire prevention slideshow (includes notes to user),
- Faculty disclosure,
- Fire risk assessment tool,
- Instructions for Use of Fire Risk Assessment Tool,
- Fire safety competency tool,
- Duties of perioperative team members in a fire,
- Fire drill scenarios,
- Fire drill evaluation tool,
- How to create an OR fire drill,
- A link to the OR Product Directory
- Videos including Part 1 in which family members of patients share their stories and Part 2, which is the Christiana Care Health Services testimonial,
- AORN fire safety poster, and
- links to other resources.
The complete tool kit is only available to AORN members, but as an introduction we offer the following information for members and non-members.
AORN fire safety poster
Fire risk assessment tool
Instructions for Use of Fire Risk Assessment Tool
How to create an OR fire drill
Fire Safety FAQs
OR Product Directory, which features vendors who sell fire safety equipment, devices, and supplies.
Copyright © 2013 AORN, Inc. All rights reserved. Except as noted herein, no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any information storage and retrieval system, without prior written permission from AORN, Inc. Users are not permitted to use this content for commercial purposes. Users are permitted to copy and paste content and adapt it for use in their work settings. Permission for other uses may be sought directly from AORN, Inc., located in Denver, Colorado (USA), by contacting the Publications Department by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax 1-303-750-3441.
No responsibility is assumed by AORN, Inc. for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any standards, recommended practices, methods, products, instructions, or ideas contained in the material herein. Because of rapid advances in the health care sciences in particular, independent verification of diagnoses, medication dosages, and individualized care and treatment should be made. The material contained herein is not intended to be a substitute for the exercise of professional medical or nursing judgment The content in this publication is provided on an as is basis.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AORN, INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.