Is there an issue important to you? Chances are it's important to your perioperative colleagues as well. AORN is always looking for new authors to contribute to our award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Authorship provides an outlet to improve patient care, educate your colleagues, and continue your professional and personal growth.
Aspiring Writer? Seasoned Author? AORN Wants You!
If you have expertise, experience, or ideas in any of these topics, we are interested in your manuscripts:
- Quality Improvement (QI)
- Literature review
- Concept analysis
If you have a manuscript idea on another topic, we want to hear from you too!
The AORN Journal Is Currently Soliciting For Manuscripts
- Transplant surgeries (face, limb, heart/lung)
- Cochlear implants
- Pediatric surgery (reconstruction, preemie surgery)
- Diverse populations
- Hemispherectomy for seizure disorders
- Body piercings
- New procedures combining ultrasound and MRI for cancer treatment
Management and Leadership Topics
- Operational efficiencies—Lean and Six Sigma, TeamSTEPPS, crew resource management (CRM), 4DX
- OR design
- The Affordable Care Act
- Ambulatory and hospital HCAHPS
- Patient and family advisory committee