AORN has more than 250 Chapters in most states, including one virtual chapter. They are the vital link between National AORN and local members. Participating in your local chapter is a great way to get more involved in the perioperative nursing community and enhance your leadership skills. Get involved today!
Save the Date
Register today for the 2016 AORN Volunteer Leadership Academy on May 20-21 at AORN Headquarters in Denver, CO.
Resources for Chapter Leaders
Apply for a Board Visit: Apply for a Board visit: Apply to have a 2015-2016 AORN Board member present at your Chapter or State Council education program.
Manage Your Chapter: Sample documents, ideas, and links to help you run a successful Chapter.
Promote Your Chapter: Use ORNurseLink to promote your Chapter and view AORN Talking Points.
Start a New Chapter: Information on starting a Chapter in your area or at your facility.
Merge/Disband Guidelines (Word Doc): Guidelines on merging or disbanding your Chapter.
AORN Volunteer Leadership Academy Resources
2015 Resource Guide for Volunteer Leaders (Word Doc): Detailed information on running a successful Chapter and much more
Chapter Management: Leaving YOUR Legacy (PDF): Deb Warren’s presentation on setting YOUR goals and Leaving YOUR Legacy
- Leaving YOUR Legacy Worksheet (Word Doc): Put your goal(s) in writing with this worksheet
65 and Thriving (PDF): Presentation from Mass Chapter I 2201 on accepting the challenge to re-energize your Chapter
Chapter of the Year (PDF): View the presentation and handouts (below) from 2015 Chapter of the Year Award recipient Greater Kansas City
- Greater Kansas City Delegate Point System (PDF)
- Create a Committee to submit a Chapter Excellence Award (PDF)
- Create an Opportunity: First Time Attendee to Congress Essay Contest (PDF)
- Create Ambassadors: Ambassadors for communication guidelines (PDF)
Awards Committee Update (PDF): Debbie Robichaud Stephen’s presentation regarding the AORN 2016 Awards submission process
- 2016 Awards Program Flyer (PDF): Details on submitting Chapter or Individual Awards applications, deadlines, and more.
All Hands on Deck: Getting and Keeping Your Members (PDF) – Membership Director Sara Miller and Membership Marketing Manager Amy Kirshenbaum’s presentation regarding retaining and engaging your members.
- Recruitment Worksheet (Word Doc) – Specific steps to retain and engage your members.