AORN has more than 250 Chapters in most states, including one virtual chapter. They are the vital link between National AORN and local members. Participating in your local chapter is a great way to get more involved in the perioperative nursing community and enhance your leadership skills. Get involved today!
Resources for Chapter Leaders
Apply for a Board Visit: Apply for a Board visit: Apply to have a 2016-2017 AORN Board member present at your Chapter or State Council education program.
Manage Your Chapter: Sample documents, ideas, and links to help you run a successful Chapter.
Promote Your Chapter: Use ORNurseLink to promote your Chapter and view AORN Talking Points.
Start a New Chapter: Information on starting a Chapter in your area or at your facility.
Merge/Disband Guidelines (Word Doc): Guidelines on merging or disbanding your Chapter.
AORN Volunteer Leadership Academy Resources
2015 Resource Guide for Volunteer Leaders (Word Doc): Detailed information on running a successful Chapter and much more
Chapter Management: Leaving YOUR Legacy (PDF): Deb Warren’s presentation on setting YOUR goals and Leaving YOUR Legacy
- Leaving YOUR Legacy Worksheet (Word Doc): Put your goal(s) in writing with this worksheet
65 and Thriving (PDF): Presentation from Mass Chapter I 2201 on accepting the challenge to re-energize your Chapter
Chapter of the Year (PDF): View the presentation and handouts (below) from 2015 Chapter of the Year Award recipient Greater Kansas City
- Greater Kansas City Delegate Point System (PDF)
- Create a Committee to submit a Chapter Excellence Award (PDF)
- Create an Opportunity: First Time Attendee to Congress Essay Contest (PDF)
- Create Ambassadors: Ambassadors for communication guidelines (PDF)
Awards Committee Update (PDF): Debbie Robichaud Stephen’s presentation regarding the AORN 2016 Awards submission process
- 2016 Awards Program Flyer (PDF): Details on submitting Chapter or Individual Awards applications, deadlines, and more.
All Hands on Deck: Getting and Keeping Your Members (PDF) – Membership Director Sara Miller and Membership Marketing Manager Amy Kirshenbaum’s presentation regarding retaining and engaging your members.
- Recruitment Worksheet (Word Doc) – Specific steps to retain and engage your members.