About the Foundation
The mission of the AORN Foundation is to advance patient safety by supporting nurses who make surgery safe through education, research and patient safety initiatives.
Who We Are
The philanthropic arm of AORN, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that funds:
- Academic scholarships
- Professional development grants
- Patient safety resources such as tool kits, webinars, and seminar series
This year the AORN Foundation helped hundreds nurses achieve their goals of higher education and professional certification through grants and scholarships, including:
- 165 Professional Development Grants to help perioperative nurses attend continuing education conferences.
- 69 Academic Scholarships to student nurses and registered nurses pursuing advanced degrees in perioperative nursing.
- 6 CNOR Exam and Test Prep Grants to help nurses pursue CNOR certification.
- 2 Organizational CNOR Test Prep Grants to help facilities prepare nurses for CNOR certification.
2170 South Parker Road, Suite #400
Denver, CO 80231-5711
Phone: (800) 755-2676
Fax: (303) 755-4219