Business, Industry and Consulting Specialty Assembly
Log in to your specialty assembly on ORNurseLink
Perioperative nurses who work in business, industry, or consulting, or who are interested in finding out more about those roles.
- Enhance communication and networking among nurses working in a variety of health care careers related to perioperative nursing, including managers, consultants in organizations, education specialists, self-employed consultants, industry representatives, health care industry resource consultants, sales consultants, and those involved in scientific and clinical research for industry related to perioperative nursing. Assist other perioperative nurses interested in the assembly and its variety of foci.
- Provide focused education programs as identified by assembly members.
- Develop a greater understanding between perioperative nursing and industry for the improvement and advancement of health care.
- Serve as a resource to AORN on matters related to businesses and industries serving the perioperative setting.
- Serve as a resource for perioperative nurses involved in business, industry, and/or consulting.
A core group of innovative perioperative nurses working in industry and consulting joined together for the purpose of networking. When specialty assemblies became a part of AORN's structure, this core group began recruiting perioperative nurses with the same interests in business, industry, and consulting. The required number of members was achieved, and the Business, Industry and Consulting (BIC) Specialty Assembly was born.
The first BIC Specialty Assembly business meeting was held at Congress 1995, at which time the governing council was elected. Since 1995, there has been a great deal of activity in the governing council, including successful education programs designed to meet assembly members' specific needs.
2013-2014 Coordinating Council
Chair - Carol Beehler, RN, MSN, MBA, NEA-BC
Past Chair - Gloria Van Milligan, RN, MSN, CNOR
Communication Chair - Judy Seltzer, MS, RN, CNOR
Education Chair - VACANT
Professional/Practice Issues Chair - Kristi Kawamoto, RN
AORN CNP Staff Liaison - Bonnie Denholm, MS, BSN, RN, CNOR
AORN Board Liaison - Sandy Albright, BSN, RN, CNOR
AORN Staff Consultant - Debbie Robichaud Stephen
As a member of this assembly, you can contact any member of the coordinating council via email using your AORN username and password through ORNurseLink.
AORN's Specialty Assemblies on ORNurseLink are a great member benefit. Access is free to all members who belong to a specialty. The web communities provide a convenient method for all members to share information, post documents and participate in discussions. You can contact the members of the coordinating council through the communities as well. To access your specialty community, you will need your AORN login and password.
AORN Customer Service can assist you in becoming a member of any specialty assembly today!
Contact us with questions about your specialty assembly.