Nominating & Leadership Development Committee Candidate
Cheryl Langford, MSN, BA, RN, CNOR, is the endoscopy nurse manager and the clinical and perioperative informatics nurse manager at Fairview Health Services, Ridges Hospital, Burnsville, Minnesota. She earned her bachelor of art in nursing from the College of St Scholastica, Duluth, Minnesota, and her master of science in nursing informatics from Walden University online.
Langford has been a perioperative nurse for 21 years and a member of AORN for 18 years. She is a member of
• the AORN of Twin Cities (2004-present) and
• the Perioperative Nursing Informatics Specialty Assembly (2008-present).
She has been a member of
• the State Council of Minnesota (2008-2011).
Langford has attended Congress nine times in the past 10 years, eight times as a delegate.
She has received two awards
• Outstanding perioperative nursing practice, chapter award (2011)
• Exceptional contribution to perioperative nursing, chapter award (2013)
Highlights of Langford’s service to AORN include that she is
• co-chair of the AORN of Twin Cities Education Committee (2005-present) and
• chair of the AORN of Twin Cities Workshop Committee (2005-present).
She has been
• a member of the national Awards Committee (2009-2010),
• chair of the State Council of Minnesota (2010-2011),
• president of the AORN of Twin Cities (2012-2013),
• president-elect of the AORN of Twin Cities (2011-2012),
• a member of the AORN of Twin Cities Board of Directors (2010-2011),
• president of the AORN of Twin Cities (2006-2007), and
• a member of the AORN of Twin Cities Board of Directors (2005-2006).
In other leadership roles, Langford is
• leader of the transition plan for endoscopy outpatient care at a new ambulatory center (2012-present),
• a member of Minnesota Organization of Leaders in Nursing (2013-present), and
• a member of Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (2013-present).
She has been
• a member of the Competency & Credentialing Institute CNOR Item/Test Form Review Committee (2011-2012) and
• manager of the upgrade of electronic health records at Ridges Hospital (2012).
In her community, Langford is
• a volunteer for Feed My Starving Children (2011-present) and
• a member of the Silent Auction and Fundraising Event Committee at a local elementary school (2011-present).
She has been
• a Church Health Fair medical volunteer (2011, 2012),
• team manager for a youth hockey team (2011-2012), and
• a member of the Ebenezer Ridges Child Care Intergenerational Parent Committee (2008-2011).