Holly S. Ervine
Board of Directors Candidate
Holly S. Ervine, BSN, RN, CNOR, is a perioperative clinical educator at Southern Regional Medical Center, Riverdale, Georgia. She earned her associate in nursing from Floyd College, Rome, Georgia, and her bachelor of science in nursing from Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, Georgia. She is currently pursuing a master of science in nursing from Walden University online.
Ervine has been a perioperative nurse for 13 years and a member of AORN for 13 years. She is a member of
• AORN of Northwest Georgia (2004-present),
• the Georgia State Council (2004-present), and
• the Leadership Specialty Assembly (2005-present).
She has been a member of
• the Clinical Nurse Educator Specialty Assembly (2006-2007) and
• the Orthopedics Specialty Assembly (2004-2006).
Ervine has attended Congress 10 times in the past 10 years, nine times as a delegate and once as an alternate.
Ervine has received
• the Perioperative Nurse of the Year Award from AORN of Northwest Georgia (2008, 2010),
• the AORN Next Generation Achievement Award (2007), and
• a listing in Cambridge Who’s Who Among Executive and Professional Women in Nursing and Healthcare (2006).
Highlights of Ervine’s service to AORN include that she is
• a member of the AORN Foundation Silent Auction Committee (2010-present),
• chair of the Georgia State Council (2013-present), and
• president-elect of AORN of Northwest Georgia (2013-present).
She has been
• a member (2011-2013) and chair (2012-2013) of the Nominating and Leadership Development Committee,
• a member of the national Allied Health Task Force (2010-2011),
• past-chair of the Leadership Specialty Assembly Coordinating Council (2010-2011),
• a member of the national Continuing Education Approval Committee (2009-2010),
• chair-elect of the Georgia State Council (2012-2013),
• vice president of AORN of Northwest Georgia (2012-2013), and
• a member of the Board of Directors of the Georgia State Council (2010-2012).
In other leadership roles, Ervine is a member of
• Sigma Theta Tau Pi Nu Chapter (2013-present) and
• the Golden Key International Honour Society (2013-present).
She has been a member of
• the Surgical Services Leadership Committee at Atlanta Medical Center (2008-2012),
• the Leadership Council at Tanner Health System (2006-2008), and
• the Competency & Credentialing Institute Cut Score Committee (2007).
In her community, Ervine has been
• a volunteer for Soldier’s Angels (2009-2013),
• the team mom for two little league baseball teams (2013),
• a volunteer at the Heritage Baptist Church (2005-2012),
• a parent volunteer for a class of first graders (2012), and
• a nurse volunteer for the Pinnacle Orthopaedics Physical Day (2007, 2009).