Nathalie Walker, MBA, BS, RN, CNOR, is a member of the Louisiana Nursing Supply and Demand Commission, a subcommittee of the Health Works Commission of Louisiana. She earned her associate in nursing from Louisiana State University School of Nursing, New Orleans, Louisiana; her bachelor of science in health arts from St Francis College, Joliet, Illinois; and her master in business administration from St Francis College.
Walker has been a perioperative nurse for 20 years and a member of AORN for 20 years. She is a member of
• AORN of New Orleans (2004-present),
• the Louisiana Council of AORN Chapters (2004-present),
• the Leadership Specialty Assembly (2004-present),
• the Retired Nurses Specialty Assembly (2004-present),
• the Integrated Health Practices Specialty Assembly (2004-present), and
• the Perioperative Nursing Informatics Specialty Assembly (2005-present).
Walker has attended Congress 10 times in the past 10 years, each time as a delegate.
Walker has received
• a “Great 35” Excellence Award from East Jefferson General Hospital (2006) and
• the Nurse Hero Award from New Orleans City Business (2007).
Highlights of Walker’s service to AORN include that she is
• chair of the AORN Foundation Silent Auction Committee (2011-present),
• a member of the national Scholarship Committee (2013-present),
• AORN legislative coordinator for the state of Louisiana (2013-present), and
• vice president of AORN of New Orleans (2010-present).
She has been
• a member of the national Awards Committee (2009-2013),
• AORN Treasurer (2007-2009),
• Board liaison to the national PNDS Task Force (2007-2009),
• chair of the national Legislative Committee (2006-2007),
• a member of the AORN Board of Directors (2004-2006), and
• president of AORN of New Orleans (2005-2006).
In other leadership roles, Walker has been
• the educator/process improvement coordinator, Surgical Services, at East Jefferson General Hospital (2004-2010),
• the educational program coordinator, Perioperative Services, for the Perioperative Student Nurse Tech summer program at East Jefferson General Hospital (2006-2010),
• chair of the Clinical Practice Hospital Policy Committee at East Jefferson General Hospital (2009-2010),
• chair of the East Jefferson General Hospital Clinical Career Ladder Development Committee (2004-2009), and
• chair of the Perioperative Services Magnet Force Committee at East Jefferson General Hospital (2004-2006).
In her community, Walker is
• a volunteer coordinator for the New Orleans Sports Foundation (2004-present),
• a committee leader for the Women League of Voters (2004-present), and
• a member of the Louisiana Nursing Supply and Demand Commission (2004-present).
She has been
• a volunteer cardiopulmonary resuscitation instructor and coordinator for the American Heart Association (2004-2010) and
• a volunteer captain for the Habitat for Humanity (2004-2008).