The essential perioperative nursing program.
Try it for FREE
Preview the Perioperative Assessment Course for the regular OR RN:
Preview the Perioperative Assessment Course for the OB RN circulator:
New customers: email or call
Terry Avitable, MSN, RN, CNOR at
(800) 755-2676, ext. 211
Renewal customers: email or call
Laurie Clark at (800) 755-2676, ext. 258
Developed by expert surgical nurse-authors, Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™ is a comprehensive, online education program based on the latest, evidence-based Guidelines for Perioperative Practice (previously AORN's Perioperative Standards and Recommended Practices). This program is used by hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers nationwide to recruit, educate, and retain operating room nurses, and can reduce turnover by as much as 25%.
Designed to be used in conjunction with a clinical preceptorship, Periop 101 helps build confidence and satisfaction among your staff, elevates your facility to an employer-of-choice, and can be tremendous support for reducing patient risk.
Who should take Periop 101?
Hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers offer this program for:
- Novice perioperative nurses
- Experienced nurses switching specialties
- Nurses coming back to work after an extended absence
- Experienced nurses who never had any formal, didactic education to improve their patient assessment, decision-making, and clinical reasoning skills
- Entire OR nursing staffs for educational consistency and to aid in prevention of potential risk issues
Get your facility leaders on board:
Download our Periop 101 brochure (PDF) to help educate your facility leaders on the benefits of the program.