Perioperative Nursing Data Set
Newly Updated and Revised Module
The goal of this course is to familiarize nurses and other health care personnel with the Perioperative Nursing Data Set (PNDS), a standardized nursing language that will support evidence-based perioperative nursing practice.
- Define the PNDS language
- Define the model representing perioperative nursing which is the basis of the PNDS
- Outline the evolution of the PNDS
- Describe the PNDS coding system
- Identify clinical implications for the PNDS language
- Define the AORN Syntegrity® Standardized Perioperative Framework
- Identify components of the AORN Syntegrity Standardized Perioperative Framework
To earn the 1.5 contact hours for the module, registrants must pass the Post Test at the end of the module with a score of 100% and complete the course evaluation.
PC Specs- Provide minimum system requirements for hardware and software for computers used to take this online course.
After registering for the course you will receive an email with a link providing course access. After your initial login, you can also access your online courses via My AORN. You have 4 months from the date of registration to complete the module.
A link to the course evaluation will be emailed to you after you pass the Post Test. After you complete the evaluation, you can print a Certificate of Completion from My AORN.
The 1.5 contact hours for this course will expire 12/31/2015.
Course Registration Information
This course is FREE for both members and non-members.
Two Ways to Register:
- Online registration
- Call Customer Service at 800-755-2676.
This program is approved for 1.5 hours of AEU credit by BASC provider #0102