Sign up for one of our upcoming webinars, designed especially for perioperative professionals. Can't make it to a live webinar? Register for the replay after the event and watch at your convenience. Webinar recordings are available two business days after the live webinar.
December 10, 2014: Recipes for Success: The Bariatric Patient
Webinars specific to the Ambulatory Surgery Division and the Center for Nursing Leadership are also available.
Recipes for Success: The Bariatric Patient
- Jennifer L. Fencl, DNP, RN, CNS-BC, CNOR
- Dawn A. Vocke, MSN, RN, CNOR
- Angi Walsh, MA, BSN, RN, CNOR
- Beverly Clark, MSN, RN, CNOR
Date: December 10, 2014
Time: 1pm (PT); 2pm (MT); 3pm (CT); 4pm (ET)
Overview: As the incidence of obesity increases in our nation, it is imperative for perioperative registered nurses to understand the unique needs of this patient population to ensure safe patient care is delivered in the perioperative setting. This presentation will discuss both the incidence of obesity and the surgical options available for weight loss. In addition, the presentation will cover perioperative nursing care considerations throughout the continuum of care for the bariatric patient, the patient perspective and specific pediatric considerations.
- Discuss implications of obesity
- Discuss surgical considerations for bariatric surgery
- Increase awareness of childhood obesity
- Discuss nursing interventions for this patient population
- Identify (2) areas that contribute to long term postoperative patient success
Non-members: Free + $10 evaluation
Back to top