The online version of OR Excellence is in full swing, so there are plenty of opportunities to participate in live sessions or binge-watch presentations you might have missed. Here's a sampling of the programming you can access to learn from top experts in the field and earn continuing education credits:
- You've Got This: Bring Positivity to Each Workday The funny and highly engaging opening keynote address by Kay Frances, MBA, touches on dealing with stress in the fast-faced, high-pressure world of surgery.
- Remember Your Calling to Energize Your Career An inspirational discussion by William Duffy, RN, MJ, CNOR, FAAN, who talks about celebrating the care you provide patients in order to find balance in your life.
- Technology and Training Lead to Safer Surgery A fascinating talk by Teodor Grantcharov, MD, PhD, FACS, about collecting data from the OR and analyzing it to implement process improvements.
- Lessons Learned from the Coronavirus Crisis This timely overview from Ann B. Geier, MS, RN, CNOR, CASC, hits on what was done right during the pandemic's first wave and how you can prepare for the coming surge.
- Grow Revenues With Bundled Payments and Price Transparency Andy Poole, FACHE, provides a deep dive into negotiating with insurers and sharing up-front pricing with patients.
- Inspire Others to Follow Your Lead Rena Courtay, BSN, MBA, CASC, looks at how great surgical leaders drive sustainable growth, develop top-performing staffs and ensure their teams provide excellent patient care.
The conference's live content continues this Friday at 2:45 p.m., when clinical leaders at Boston Out-Patient Surgical Suites in Waltham, Mass., discuss how to run a successful outpatient total joints program. On Nov. 20, check out the annual ORX Awards ceremony, which recognizes the year's top achievers in surgery, and the closing keynote talk on diversity in health care by Rumay Alexander, EdD, RN, FAAN.
Each Friday, you can also visit and speak with dozens of vendors in the virtual exhibit hall. It's a rare opportunity to ask those questions and get that information you've been looking for from top companies in the surgical space.
All live and on-demand content will be available through Monday, November 23. Log in or register at the conference's official site today. Registration is free for Outpatient Surgery subscribers and AORN members.Joe Paone