AORN BYLAWS, ARTICLE VII – ELIGIBILITY, ELECTIONS, TERMS, VACANCIES, REMOVAL, SECTION 2 – ELECTIONS
Nominations by petition for all elected positions may be made immediately after the Nominating Committee presents its slate of candidates, but no later than 45 days prior to the commencement of voting. The candidate’s name will be placed on the ballot after eligibility has been verified.
AORN POLICY FOR NOMINATIONS BY PETITION
Last Revised July 29, 2020
AORN will accept nominations by petition from eligible members. Candidates who self-nominate by petition must meet the following requirements:
- Provide written notification of intent to self-nominate to the Chair of the Nominating Committee.
- Complete a candidate application within three weeks of written notification of intent.
- President-elect, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary candidates must obtain a minimum of 250 electronic member signatures, with no more than 10% from members belonging to the candidate’s home chapter.
- Board of Directors candidates must obtain a minimum of 100 electronic member signatures, with no more than 10% from members belonging to the candidate’s home chapter.
- Nominating Committee candidates must obtain a minimum of 100 electronic member signatures, with no more than 10% from members belonging to the candidate’s home chapter.
- Supporting signatures shall be provided to AORN electronically via the system provided by AORN (linked above).
- AORN will verify voting eligibility of supporting members.
- AORN will notify candidates at least monthly of the number of signatures received on the candidate’s behalf.
Candidates with the requisite signatures must also meet all publication and other deadlines in order to be included in AORN materials, publications and forums leading into the election.
Candidates must adhere to the Candidate Handbook and all other applicable AORN policies and procedures during their candidacy.
Candidates nominated via the petition process will be identified as self-nominated with an asterisk (*) on the ballot and in other AORN publications.
These requirements will be reviewed and may be updated annually. Questions may be directed to the Nominating Committee Chair via Hannah Campbell at email@example.com.