The Official Voice of Perioperative Nursing
Read the latest in evidence-based, clinical best practices through the award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Available in timely, easy-to-read print, electronic, and mobile formats.
Members get more than 200 free contact hours through the AORN Journal. Maintain your credentials and save an average of $55 on contact hours per issue.
December 2023 Issue
The AORN Journal December issue features the following articles:
- Results of the 2023 AORN Salary and Compensation Survey
- Guidelines in Practice: Medication Safety (2.2 CH)
- Perioperative Nurses’ Perceptions of the QSEN Competencies
- Safety First: Managing “Hidden” Allergens in the Perioperative Setting (1.3 CH)
- Clinical Issues (1.2 CH)
- Head lice
- Patients with iodine and chlorhexidine allergies
- Storing sterile and unsterile supplies together
- Using indwelling urinary catheters during general surgery
- Guideline First Look: Guideline for Team Communication
- And more!
Contribute to the AORN Journal
Submit your best photo(s) for a chance to win up to $500 and have your photo featured on the AORN Journal cover! Photos can be serious or humorous, clinical or social—anything you think members would appreciate seeing on the Journal cover that represents perioperative nursing.
In the Know, On the Go
- New! Journal Club - Learn more on how to promote perioperative nursing knowledge.
- Follow the AORN Journal on Social Media - Keep up with the latest AORN Journal content, events, and news on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign Up for Monthly AORN Journal Issue Alerts - Get the table of contents in your inbox each time a new issue of the AORN Journal is published online.
- Have You Heard the Journal Lately? - You like to read the AORN Journal, but now you can listen to it, too. The Journal now features special monthly podcasts – full-length and summary - so you can take the Journal with you wherever you go!