The Official Voice of Perioperative Nursing
Read the latest in evidence-based, clinical best practices through the award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Available in timely, easy-to-read print, electronic, and mobile formats.
Members get more than 200 free contact hours through the AORN Journal. Maintain your credentials and save an average of $55 on contact hours per issue.
March 2023 Issue
The AORN Journal March issue features the following articles:
- Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernia Repair With Concomitant Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication
- Factors Influencing Perioperative Nurse Turnover: A Classic Grounded Theory Study
- Automating Perioperative Inventory Management: A Quality Improvement Project
- Back to Basics 2.0: Preventing Unintentionally Retained Surgical Items
- Clinical Issues
- Conversion to an open procedure
- Excess absorption of fluid distension media
- Hysteroscopic fluid deficit thresholds
- Alternative insufflation gases
- Guideline First Look: Guideline for Medication Safety
- And more!
Coming Up Next Month
The April 2023 issue features articles on use of cadavers in perioperative nursing orientation, normalization of deviance and principles of high reliability, career choices of nursing graduates after completing a perioperative elective, reducing the risk of perioperative transmission of Candida auris, caring for pregnant patients undergoing nonobstetric surgery, and more!
Contribute to the AORN Journal
In the Know, On the Go
- Follow the AORN Journal on Social Media - Keep up with the latest AORN Journal content, events, and news on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign Up for Monthly AORN Journal Issue Alerts - Get the table of contents in your inbox each time a new issue of the AORN Journal is published online.
- Have You Heard the Journal Lately? - You like to read the AORN Journal, but now you can listen to it, too. The Journal now features special monthly podcasts – full-length and summary - so you can take the Journal with you wherever you go!