Expand Your Knowledge - Strengthen Your Patient Care
Stay up-to-date with the latest in evidence-based, clinical best practices through the award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Available in timely, easy-to-read print, electronic, and mobile formats.
NEW: AORN Journal CE contact hours are now FREE to AORN members.
October 2020 Issue
This October issue features articles on strategies for reducing the transmission of health care–associated infections, using radiofrequency technology to help decrease the number of retained sponges and reduce hospital costs, perioperative nursing considerations for robot-assisted total pancreatectomy with autologous islet cell transplantation, developing a perioperative nursing elective course for baccalaureate nursing students, and more!
Journal CE Article Titles
- Environmental Surface Hygiene in the OR: Strategies for Reducing the Transmission of Health Care–Associated Infections
- Robot-Assisted Total Pancreatectomy With Autologous Islet Cell Transplantation: Perioperative Nursing Considerations
- Safety First: Maintaining Perioperative Safety in Uncertain Times: COVID -19 Pandemic Response Strategies
- Clinical Issues — October 2020
- Using Radiofrequency Technology to Prevent Retained Sponges and Improve Patient Outcomes
- Using an Academic-Practice Partnership to Implement a Perioperative Nursing Elective in a Baccalaureate Nursing Program
November 2020 issue
The November 2020 issue features the special Quality Improvement Showcase: Lessons for Change, plus articles on engaging perioperative learners using online game-based education, intraoperative team members’ decision making regarding surgical attire guideline adherence, guideline recommendations for sharps safety, implementing transmission-based precautions, the updated guideline for specimen management, and more!
AORN Journal CE Articles
Stay Current, Meet Requirements, Earn CEs
Searching for quality education? Preparing for recertification? AORN Journal Continuing Education (CE) articles feature a variety of perioperative topics, from sterilization and guideline implementation to prevention of sentinel events and infection prevention, as well as online evaluations with immediate test results!
Contribute to the AORN Journal
Write for the AORN Journal
Help patients through authorship — start writing for the AORN Journal. Get the resources you need to get started today including a list of suggested topics, author guidelines, a submission checklist, and more.
Peer Review for the AORN Journal
Help improve the quality of content in the AORN Journal by serving as a peer reviewer. Access the resources you need to get started today, including tutorials, guidelines, and more.