The Official Voice of Perioperative Nursing
Read the latest in evidence-based, clinical best practices through the award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Available in timely, easy-to-read print, electronic, and mobile formats.
Members get more than 200 free contact hours through the AORN Journal. Maintain your credentials and save an average of $55 on contact hours per issue.
May 2023 Issue
The AORN Journal May issue features the following articles:
- Best Practices and a Business Case for Surgical Site Infection Prevention
- Introduction to Antibiotic Stewardship Principles for the Perioperative Nurse
- Preventing Surgical Site Infections: Implementing Strategies Throughout the Perioperative Continuum
- Back to Basics 2.0: Prevention of Perioperative Pressure Injury
- Clinical Issues
- Indications for use of intraoperative autologous red blood cell salvage
- Contraindications for use of intraoperative autologous red blood cell salvage
- Second victim phenomenon after adverse events
- Tips for Being an Effective Nurse Preceptor
- And more!
Contribute to the AORN Journal
In the Know, On the Go
- Follow the AORN Journal on Social Media - Keep up with the latest AORN Journal content, events, and news on Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign Up for Monthly AORN Journal Issue Alerts - Get the table of contents in your inbox each time a new issue of the AORN Journal is published online.
- Have You Heard the Journal Lately? - You like to read the AORN Journal, but now you can listen to it, too. The Journal now features special monthly podcasts – full-length and summary - so you can take the Journal with you wherever you go!