Is there an issue important to you? Chances are it's important to your perioperative colleagues as well. AORN is always looking for new authors to contribute to our award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Authorship provides an outlet to improve patient care, educate your colleagues, and continue your professional and personal growth.
View the Author Guidelines for the AORN Journal to get started.
Aspiring Writer? Seasoned Author? AORN Wants You!
If you have expertise, experience, or ideas in any of these topics, we are interested in your manuscripts:
- Quality Improvement (QI)
- Literature review
- Concept analysis
If you have a manuscript idea on another topic, we want to hear from you too!
The AORN Journal is Currently Soliciting Manuscripts
- Infection Prevention: Sterilization, SSIs, environmental cleaning
- Positioning: Preventing pressure injuries, lowering legs from lithotomy
- Surgical Attire: Laundering, jackets, masks, head coverings (eg, skull caps)
- Skin Prep: Vaginal preps, patient bathing, hair removal, cesarean births
- Counts: Retained surgical items, instrument counts, sponges
Transform what you do every day into a published AORN Journal article. Access resources to get started today, including author guidelines,...
For editorial assistance
Email Publications Department or call (800) 755-2676