Write for the AORN Journal
- AORN Journal
- Write for the AORN Journal
Is there an issue important to you? Chances are, it's important to your perioperative colleagues as well.
AORN is always looking for new authors to contribute to our award-winning, peer-reviewed AORN Journal. Authorship provides an outlet to improve patient care, educate your colleagues, and continue your professional and personal growth.
Please view the Author Guidelines Quick Reference Guide to access a helpful resource that highlights the key steps and considerations for submitting a manuscript.
Visit the AORN Journal website to access the full set of Author Guidelines.
If you have questions or need editorial assistance, please contact us.
The AORN Journal is Currently Soliciting Manuscripts
- Infection Prevention: Sterilization, SSIs, environmental cleaning
- Positioning: Preventing pressure injuries, lowering legs from lithotomy
- Surgical Attire: Laundering, jackets, masks, head coverings (eg, skull caps)
- Skin Prep: Vaginal preps, patient bathing, hair removal, cesarean births
- Counts: Retained surgical items, instrument counts, sponges
Transform what you do every day into a published AORN Journal article. Access resources to get started today.
Aspiring Writer? Seasoned Author? AORN Wants You!
If you have expertise, experience, or ideas in any of these topics, we are interested in your manuscripts:
- Quality Improvement (QI)
- Literature review
- Concept analysis
If you have a manuscript idea on another topic, we want to hear from you too!