Heidi Nanavati, MSN, CRNP, CNOR
Nurse Practitioner/RNFA at Idaho Shoulder to Hand Specialists, Boise, Idaho
Candidate for Treasurer (One to be Elected)
Heidi L. Nanavati, MSN, CRNP, CNOR, is a nurse practitioner/RNFA at Idaho Shoulder to Hand Specialists, Boise; and an adjunct faculty member for the RNFA program at Delaware County Community College, Media, Pennsylvania. She earned a Bachelor of Science in nursing from The College of New Jersey, Ewing Township; a Master of Science in nursing and a family nurse practitioner certification from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and an RNFA certificate from Delaware County Community College, Media, Pennsylvania.
Nanavati has worked as a perioperative nurse or surgical nurse practitioner for the past 22 years and has been a member of AORN for 20 years. She is a member of
- AORN of Treasure Valley (2021-present),
- the Advanced Practice Nursing Specialty Assembly (2013-present),
- the RNFA Specialty Assembly (2013-present),
- the Leadership Specialty Assembly (2013-present) and
- the Ambulatory Specialty Assembly (2013-present).
She has been a member of
- AORN of Baltimore (2013-2021).
Nanavati has attended Congress 10 times in the past 10 years, each time as a delegate.
Nanavati has received
- an AORN Outstanding Volunteer Leadership Award (2018).
Highlights of Nanavati’s service to AORN include that she is
- a member of Board of Directors (2021-present),
- secretary of AORN of Treasure Valley (2021-present), and
- an orthopedics subject matter expert for Periop 202 (2017-present).
She has been
- chair of the AORN Nominating Committee (2018-2020),
- a member of the AORN Scholarship Committee (2020-2021),
- chair of the RNFA Task Force (2013-2014),
- chair of the RNFA Specialty Assembly (2016-2017),
- president of AORN of Baltimore (2016-2018),
- a member of the AORN of Baltimore Board of Directors (2019-2020), and
- communications chair of the RNFA Specialty Assembly (2014-2017).
In other leadership roles, Nanavati is
- a member of the Idaho State Nurses Association (2020-present),
- a member of the Maryland State Nurses Association (2013-present),
- a member of the American Nurses Association (2013-present), and
- a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (2022-present).
In her community, Nanavati has been
- president of the Parents Association at St Paul’s School (2018-2020).
The roles of surgical nurse practitioner, COO of an orthopedic center, president of a medical consulting company, and Board member have all afforded me the opportunities to sharpen the financial and business skills necessary to effectively serve in the role of Treasurer for AORN. I have been involved in budgeting, financial forecasting, successful business modeling, and creating sustainable financial growth for the organizations I serve.
My time on the Board of Directors has helped me gain insights into our organization’s finances, culture, and operations. Involvement in operational and financial decision making has taught me the importance of properly and transparently allocating AORN’s financial resources to make decisions that best serve the organization and the membership.
I have been a dedicated and active AORN member working in a variety of roles at the local, state, and national levels over the last 20 years. Some of the positions that have best prepared me to take on the role of treasurer include: AORN of Baltimore Chapter President, AORN of Baltimore fundraising committee, and Communications Chair for the RNFA Specialty Assembly. I am an effective communicator who is detail-oriented, organized, and versatile. No matter what the role, I have always been, and will remain, a member advocate.
Given the chance to serve the membership as Treasurer would be an honor and a privilege. I hold, in earnest, my ethical and fiduciary responsibility to AORN and its members. If elected, I will continue to prioritize the member’s needs while helping our organization grow stronger.