CineMed AORN Video Library
A Perfect Fit to Supplement Your Curriculum
Video-Based Education for New and Experienced Periop RNs
AORN has partnered with CineMed to provide an online library of 44 educational modules focused on perioperative patient and staff safety. Each module includes a video, study guide, and post-test.
These engaging educational modules reinforce essential perioperative practices, improve patient safety, and reduce medical errors by delivering consistent evidence-based education.
Existing subscriber? Log in to CineMed here.
Who Can Benefit?
- Registered nurses (RNs) currently enrolled in a perioperative onboarding program, including AORN’s Periop 101 to Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™.
- New and experienced RNs transferring to the perioperative suite from other nursing specialties.
- Sterile processing team members.
- Non-RN perioperative team members (e.g., surgical technologists, surgical assistants/aides).
- Other RNs involved in operative/invasive procedures in non-traditional OR settings (e.g., Endoscopy, OB, Cath Lab, Radiology).
- Nursing students at schools of nursing.
- Nurse managers and educators interested in leveraging video content for in-service training.
- Hospital networks looking for a turnkey perioperative education resource for all staff members.
Training with comprehensive instructional videos can improve provider competency and clinical performance.
- Ambulatory Surgery Infection Prevention and Control
- Autologous Tissue Management
- Care and Cleaning of Surgical Instruments
- Cesarean Deliveries
- Complementary Care in Perioperative Practice
- Environmental Cleaning
- Energy-Generating Devices: Safety Precautions (includes electrosurgery)
- Hand Hygiene, Scrubbing, Gowning, and Gloving
- Hybrid OR Suites
- It's More Than a Procedure: Patient Concerns about the Surgical Experience
- Malignant Hyperthermia Crisis: Team in Action
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: Creating a Safe Patient Care Environment
- Moderate Sedation/Analgesia: Safely Caring for Our Patients
- Patient Skin Antisepsis
- Perioperative Care of Bariatric Patients
- Perioperative Care of the Older Adult: Advanced Directives and Patient Priorities
- Perioperative Care of the Older Adult: Addressing Patient Conditions and Intraoperative Concerns
- Perioperative Environment of Care
- Perioperative Fire Safety
- Perioperative Medication Safety
- Perioperative Patient Assessment: Developing a Care Plan
- Perioperative Patient Information Management
- Perioperative Team Dynamics and Communication
- Pneumatic Tourniquet Safety
- Positioning the Patient: Safe Practices
- Powered Surgical Instruments: Components of Safe Care and Handling
- Prevention of Unintentionally Retained Surgical Items
- Prevention of Unplanned Perioperative Hypothermia
- Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism
- Processing Flexible Endoscopes
- Psychosocial Safety in Perioperative Practice
- Radiation Safety
- Risk Management in Perioperative Practice
- Safe Patient Handling and Movement in the Perioperative Setting
- Sharps Safety
- Special Considerations for the Pediatric Surgery Patient
- Specimen Management
- Sterile Technique: An Introduction
- Sterilization of Reusable Medical Devices in the Health Care Setting
- Stop Smoking in the OR! Surgical Smoke Safety
- Surgical Draping: Evidence-Based Practices
- Transmission-Based Precautions
- Workplace Safety in a Perioperative Setting
- Wound Care and Healing in Perioperative Practice
Many perioperative programs choose to bundle Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™, eGuidelines Plus, and CineMed AORN Video Library as an all-in-one evidence-based education solution for new, emerging, and experienced perioperative nurses.
AORN team members are ready to assist you with questions or to provide a custom tour of this solution.