Improve Surgical Specialty Outcomes
Introducing Periop 202™ – essential education for specialty surgical procedures.
Perioperative professionals who take each stand-alone course will learn the workflows and evidence-based practices for a specific procedure prior to being assigned to that surgery.
NEW COURSE! Periop 202: Total Hip Arthroplasty
This interactive course (1.7 CH) is the first in a series and focuses on the:
- Overview of normal hip anatomy and function
- Pathologies that can cause hip joint deterioration
- Three stages of total hip arthroplasty
- Five most common surgical approaches and correct patient positioning
- Best practice for care of patients undergoing hip reconstruction, and much more
Note: Periop 101 is not a prerequisite for Periop 202.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Experienced nurses who are not yet knowledgeable with or who want a refresher on specialty procedures, such as total hip arthroplasty
- Novice nurses who want to expand into the surgical specialties
For individual orders, visit our AORN store.
Support Your Nurses’ Specialty Interests
The first Periop 202 course available is Total Hip Arthroplasty and is part of the Orthopedic Course Library. Course features include:
- Standardized education developed by subject matter experts and AORN to greatly benefit facilities
- An interactive format that enhances educational experience
- Customized medical illustrations, knowledge checks for each course section, and a final assessment
INTRO TO ORTHOPEDICS (SERIES)
TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY
Expand Your Perioperative Education
Periop 101: A Core Curriculum™
Learn more about AORN’s premier perioperative blended education program that covers essential knowledge for working effectively in the perioperative setting–enhancing confidence, teamwork and patient outcomes.
Check out our Periop 202 FAQs.