ASC Academy: A Guide to Quality and Risk Management
Online EducationPurchase Now
Build Your Quality and Risk Management Program
This interactive course is the ambulatory surgery center (ASC) leader's go-to resource for comprehensive training on Quality and Risk Management, which is vital to the success of your surgery center. Quality and Risk Management programs are major components of most licensure and accreditation requirements. ASCs are required to create an ongoing quality program that assesses risk, collects data, performs process improvement, and communicates the findings throughout the organization.
Quality and Risk Management Support for the Ambulatory Leader
ASC administrators and CEOs are navigating the various roles and responsibilities to lead teams in providing quality care in a highly regulated environment. Whether you have a business or clinical background, ASC leaders must understand and comply with the requirements of their local, state, federal, regulatory, and accreditation agencies.
Complete with an arsenal of tools to put this knowledge into practice at your ASC, the Guide to Quality and Risk Management includes the latest reporting requirements and helps you to navigate your Quality Reporting submission.
- Quality and Risk Management online modules
- On-Demand Webinar: Preparation for Accreditation Survey
- Comprehensive video-based instructions and customizable resources to apply this knowledge into your practice:
- Checklists (including Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Checklists for AAAHC, CMS, and The Joint Commission)
Download the Course Syllabus to view all course features and a full list of included implementation tools.
- Apply course information to customize the tools for assessing, tracking, and implementing a comprehensive, ongoing quality, risk management and performance improvement program.
- Organize your data, rate your facility’s current compliance, and create a quality and risk management program based on your accreditation requirements (CMS, AAAHC, The Joint Commission).
- Establish registration and processes to meet requirements for internal and external reporting of quality and performance improvement outcomes; Governing Body, ASCQRS, NHSN.
- Utilize the tools, templates, checklists, and resources to plan, create, implement, or revise a successful quality, risk management and performance improvement program.
Upon completion of the course and course evaluation, students will earn 4.5 contact hours.
AEU and IPCH
This program is approved for up to 4.5 hours of AEUs and up to 3 hours of IPCHs by BASC Provider #0102.
The learner has 6 months from the time of first course launch to access and complete the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find the full list of included tools and templates in the Course Syllabus under “Implementation Tools.”
Yes, you will benefit from this course. It provides a refresher on the Quality & Risk Management course content, plus it includes customizable tools, templates, and video-based instructions to guide you through the process of the ASC Quality Reporting submission and in developing and maintaining a successful Quality and Risk Management program specific to the facility’s needs. It gives you the how-to elements for practical application.
Register for AORN’s leadership training course for ambulatory administrators and learn how to run a more profitable ASC and prepare for the CASC exam.
7 CH, 6.5 AEU
Learn how to effectively run surgery center operations. The course provides an overview of the ASC leader's complex role, Human Resources, Patient Rights and Responsibilities, and Medical Records. The learner is guided through practical implementation with comprehensive instructions, along with 30+ customizable tools and templates.
3.5 CH, 3.5 AEU
A Guide to Governance provides ASC Leaders necessary training on governance, licensure, preparation for accreditation survey, and credentialing. This interactive course also includes various implementation tools, along with video-based instructions, to take the guesswork out of putting your knowledge into practice.