Effectively Educate Your Perioperative Nurses
AORN’s Preceptor Certificate Program is designed to prepare preceptors for their critical role in orienting new registered nurses to the perioperative environment. This program contains a variety of teaching and learning exercises that preceptors can utilize to effectively educate perioperative nurses and keep patients safe.
Course components include information on adult learning theories, novice-to-expert considerations, problem solving, validating competency, dealing with the healthcare reality shock, and the challenges of working with new graduates.
Who Is This Course Designed For?
The Preceptor Certificate Program is for your experienced nurses who are precepting new perioperative nurses.
- Builds precepting skills among your experienced clinicians
- Provides preceptors with successful tools for hands-on learning and knowledge application
- Cultivates a team environment for perioperative excellence
- Improves staff recruitment and retention
- Boosts evidence-based patient safety
This course consists of three modules with a total of 4.0 credit hours.
Questions? Learn more in our FAQ section.Contact UsOrder Now