Periop Mastery 2.0
Advancing Established Periop Nurses in Career & PracticeLearn More
Achieve Mastery Level Periop Knowledge & Confidence for Experienced Nurses
The newly revised Periop Mastery 2.0 is designed for established perioperative nurses with 1 or more year(s) of experience. This program is based on the continuously updated AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice and helps learners identify areas where they are uninformed, misinformed, or lack confidence, and remediate until mastery is achieved. The outcome is a high-performing, confident team providing consistent, high-quality patient care.
Need More Information?
- A comprehensive library of educational modules covers 19 clinical topics in perioperative practice, focusing on areas where common mistakes occur. Purchase the full program or pick and choose a select group of modules in identified clinical areas where knowledge gaps exist.
- Quality Improvement Packages are available to target specific clinical topics (Retained Surgical Items, Surgical Site Infections, and Sterilization Failure), with tools to help address adverse events and prevent future breakdowns in surgical practice.
- This program is approved for up to 27.30 hours of CE, up to 25.90 hours of AEUs, and up to 10.9 hours of IPCHs by BASC Provider #0102. Learners will also earn a Certificate of Mastery.
- Facility course administrators have 2 years to register students for assigned modules. From the time of registration, each student has 2 years to complete a module.
Purchase the full program or pick and choose a select group of modules in identified areas where knowledge gaps exist.
How it Works
- Learners take an assessment to uncover knowledge gaps on topics ranked as both high and low confidence.
- View performance on each topic, review the correct answers and explanations, and sort by confidence level.
- Learners create their own personalized plan to overcome gaps and raise confidence levels.
- Build practice quizzes, customizing by length, clinical topics, confidence level, and knowledge gaps.
- Learners have an unlimited number of attempts to pass each final exam with a score of 100% required to complete the course.
- Final exams are untimed and do not include confidence level.
Click on each clinical module for details:
- Environmental Cleaning
- Hand Hygiene
- High-Level Disinfection
- Malignant Hyperthermia
- Moderate Sedation
- Older Adult
- Patient Skin Antisepsis
- Pneumatic Tourniquet
- Radiation Safety
- Retained Surgical Items
- Safe Environment of Care
- Sharps Safety
- Sterile Technique
- Surgical Attire
- Transmission-Based Precautions
- Venous Thromboembolism