The Essential Perioperative Nursing Program
Designed to be used in conjunction with a clinical preceptorship, Periop 101 helps build confidence and satisfaction among your staff, elevates your facility to an employer-of-choice, and can be tremendous support for reducing patient risk.
Who Should Take Periop 101
Hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers offer this program for:
- Novice perioperative nurses
- Experienced nurses switching specialties
- Nurses returning to work after an extended absence as a refresher course
- Experienced nurses who never had any formal, didactic education to improve their patient assessment, decision-making, and clinical reasoning skills
- Entire OR nursing staffs for educational consistency and to aid in prevention of potential risk issues
Hear from nurse educators how Periop 101 is improving their health care organization's clinical practice.
Preview Periop 101
Courses for Other Surgical Team Members
Many of the Periop 101 learning modules have applications for OB RN circulators, ambulatory surgery center nurses, physician assistants (PAs), residents, medical students, interns, advanced practice nurses (APNs), and other allied health professionals. To meet this need, AORN has created specialized Periop 101 courses specific to other surgical team members.
New Program Support
Our popular implementation assistance program helps new Periop 101 customers get started with ease. Meet with a clinical education specialist to receive guidance on structuring the didactic and clinical components, and gain access to templates, assessment tools, and other resources.